Monday, June 24, 2013

True Love

People who know me well know that I don't usually have an answer to any question that starts with "What's your favorite...?"
I have no favorite color, no favorite song, movie, or book, no favorite restaurant, and no favorite outfit.
But I do have a favorite food- one that I'll rarely announce when asked, but one that I love nonetheless.

My one true love and the only thing I really ever call my favorite?

Peanut butter.

It's kind of an obsession, really. Spoonfuls of peanut butter soothe me, and I think the best thing in the world is the smell, taste, and texture of a freshly opened jar of peanut butter. Needless to say, anytime I find a recipe that includes peanut butter, I will always check it out.

It was a busy night in my kitchen- two peanut butter recipes plus some delicious veggies (carrots and zucchini) to go with a salmon fillet. (That's right- 3 pinned recipes in one night!!)

First, the vegetables. Not the first time I've done these, and I love how they taste every time! They're so easy to make, too. The original blogger of this recipe isn't kidding when she says this is "the best way to cook zucchini and carrots". My seasoning choice for veggies tonight was salt, pepper, and Herbes de Provence (a new addition to my spice cabinet just this weekend), and the result was delightful!

Now, for the star of tonight's post- my peanut butter treats. I'm going through a granola phase right now- I really can't get enough of the stuff, so I had to give this recipe for Peanut Butter Granola a try. I went a little too heavy on the cinnamon in my mixture, but I'm really looking forward to trying this tomorrow for breakfast with milk. It's got just the right amount of crunch and the peanut butter is, of course, to die for!

While that was toasting in the oven, I got to work on one more dose of peanut buttery goodness- something to take with me to dinner at a friend's house tomorrow night. I love all of the ingredients in these No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites and I knew the blend of sweet and salty (plus the satisfying crunch of crushed pretzels) would make this the perfect treat for me!
I used a mix of dark and milk chocolate chips for dipping, which I think worked well. Similar to the original poster of this recipe, I quickly got frustrated with trying to dip these in the chocolate (I think I needed to let them chill in the fridge longer than I did), and ended up pouring and spreading the chocolate over the top and sides.
I'd share a picture, but they are far from attractive (pouring and spreading will do that). Even though they don't look the best, they are still delish! Can't wait to share them with my friends tomorrow night!

Definitely a delicious night in my kitchen... Now to tackle the pile of dishes in my sink...

No comments:

Post a Comment