Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Saying Hello


Welcome to Quarterlife Chronicles- stories of our twenties told through our Pinterest boards! 

First, a little about us. We're two tree-hugging, grammar-loving twenty-somethings navigating the winding road that is life after college. Our friendship blossomed from our mutual nerdiness in middle-school, and I think it's safe to say that we haven't gotten any less nerdy with time. 

We decided to start this blog after noticing that our Pinterest boards were growing bigger and bigger, but neither of us was trying out nearly as many new things as we could! Hopefully, by sharing our stories with each other (and the world!) through this blog, we'll be encouraged to cook, craft, and create more and more!

My first pin to share is Skillet Shrimp with Orzo, Feta, and Asparagus- tonight's dinner!
I wasn't planning to have dinner at home tonight, but confusing forecasts kept me from traveling out of town to meet some friends at the last minute. I knew I had to stop at the store after work anyway, so did a quick mental inventory of what I already had to work with at home on my way there. I remembered the asparagus I bought last week and decided to go from there- of course consulting Pinterest first. When I saw this recipe on my "Recipes" board, I knew I had to give it a try, especially since it includes most of my favorite ingredients! It was a quick and easy recipe to follow- and the result was delicious (can't get enough fresh basil)! And- with plenty of leftovers in the fridge, I get to look forward to eating it again tomorrow for lunch!

Many more pins to come...!

No comments:

Post a Comment